In an update on its ongoing data breach investigation, Facebook on Tuesday assured the public that so far it has seen no evidence that the attackers leveraged hijacked Facebook accounts to access and compromise users’ third-party app accounts.
“We have now analyzed our logs for all third-party apps installed or logged in during the attack we discovered last week. That investigation has so far found no evidence that the attackers accessed any apps using Facebook Login,” said Guy Rosen, Facebook’s VP of product management, in a new blog post.
In a conference call just this past Friday, Rosen disclosed said that the September 2018 breach that affected nearly 50 million accounts could have impacted the security of various third-party apps and services prior to Facebook resetting users’ stolen access tokens.
Please register to continue.
Already registered? Log in.
Once you register, you’ll receive:
The context and insight you need to stay abreast of the most important developments in cybersecurity. CISO and practitioner perspectives; strategy and tactics; solutions and innovation; policy and regulation.
Unlimited access to nearly 20 years of SC Media industry analysis and news-you-can-use.
SC Media’s essential morning briefing for cybersecurity professionals.
One-click access to our extensive program of virtual events, with convenient calendar reminders and ability to earn CISSP credits.